Sponsorship and Sales Executive
Job Title: Sponsorship & Sales Executive
Job Description: The full-time Sponsorship & Sales Executive is responsible for the development, implementation, and fulfillment of all sponsorship sales at the Oshkosh Arena. This key role is responsible for establishing the strategies and philosophies that will drive the sales team and plans to achieve targeted revenue objectives, ensuring that decisions drive the long-term success of the department and the Oshkosh Arena.
- Create sponsorship opportunities (event marketing packages) for special events, and cultivate, procure and manage sponsors, partners, and display vendors.
- Cultivate and manage strong business relationships with current and potential sponsors.
- Meet and exceed projections, schedules, and timelines provided by Sales Manager and General Manager.
- Identify and prioritize sponsorship opportunities including, but not limited to, all signage and event inventory.
- Manage Sponsor, Partner, and Vendor relationships via quality communication, gifts, and other incentives.
- Contact prospective companies and individuals to initiate the sales effort. Follow up on leads generated by outside sources.
- Schedule meetings and prepare, customize, and present sponsorship sales proposals to potential sponsors.
- Negotiate and compile sales contracts and agreements.
- Conduct facility tours for prospective sponsors. Deliver requested information to potential sponsors in a timely manner.
- Lead or assist in the negotiations of building sponsors.
- Assist in the preparation and design of sponsorship sales brochures, pamphlets, advertisements, or other sales materials.
- Support and participate in business and industry related events such as Chamber of Commerce functions and other business networking events.
- Participate in and attend industry workshops and seminars.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings, including other meetings as requested.
- Network with staff in related industries such as hospitality, events, and tourism.
- Attend community events.
- Positively promote all Arena events including Production, individual and group ticket sales, self-promoted events, and sponsorships.
Work Relationship and Scope:
- Overall satisfaction of the Sales Manager.
- Effective communication skills and development of good working relationships with staff, prospective, existing clients, and strategic partners.
- Achievement of objectives as set in the Sales Plan, within the established timelines.
- Increase community engagement and brand awareness.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
- Customer service mindset.
- Creative, decisive.
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Independent worker with limited supervision needed.
- Strong time management, organizational, and project management skills.
- Able to multitask on a regular basis.
- Comfortable and successful working with diverse groups of people.
General: This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. “Primary and Additional Responsibilities” describe those functions considered essential to the performance of the job. This description does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the General Manager. All requirements are subject to change over time at the discretion of the General Manager and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.